Sociology of Sport.
Unit V Project Interview
A position in sports requires a depth of sports knowledge and understanding, education, and experience, as well as a vast number of responsibilities. One of the best ways to learn more about the area of sports management and sports in society is to talk with someone in the field. For this assignment, contact an athletic director, recreation manager, YMCA Director, or someone who runs an athletic department. If that person is local, please schedule a time and date to meet with this person for a personal interview. If the individual is not local, you may use Skype, Join Me, Zoom, or any other conferencing type application or even speak with the person on the phone, if necessary.
Create at least 12 questions to ask this individual (at least one question per topic) from the following sport-related topics:
• sport management theories,
• responsibilities and duties,
• best practices in sport, BSM 2701, Sociology of Sport 5
• ethical issues in sport,
• globalization of sport,
• media in sports,
• sports and the economy (money and power),
• religion in sports,
• politics in sports,
• gender equality in sports,
• race and ethnicity in sports, and
• children in sports. Please provide the answers to the questions you ask the interviewee, and include a section that discusses how this experience has helped you in your educational journey to better understand sport management and best practices in sport. You will be expected to follow APA style and format for this assignment. Include the following elements in the assignment:
• Title page: Include the assignment title, the name of the school, and your name.
• Introduction: Introduce your interviewee and describe he or she title/position for the purpose of this assignment.
• Body: List the questions and responses from your interview.
• Conclusion: Provide a brief conclusion wrapping up the elements of the interview, including how this experience has helped you in this section.
• Reference page: If you use content from the textbook, be sure to include this as a source in your reference page. Your paper should be a minimum of two pages, not counting the title and reference page. Use APA format for your paper, including all references and in-text citations.
Example: How to cite a personal communication source:
T. S. Smith (personal communication, January 20, 2016) content ... Or
Content ... (T. S. Smith, personal communication, January 20, 2016). Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below.
Course Textbook Coakley, J. J. (2015). Sports in society: Issues and controversies (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.