Assignment: Presentation Outline
Objective: Organize your thoughts and the main points of your research for your final presentation Assignment Instructions: To help you complete Assignment: Research Presentation, you will first submit an outline to organize your thoughts and main points. Your outline should be formatted a specific way and must contain the following elements as described below. To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
• Read these directions carefully.
• Review the sample outline provided to you below.
• Read the grading criteria below. The grading criteria is a detailed evaluation that I will use to assess your performance. It also will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare your assignment.
• Message me with any questions!
Be sure to add your name and course number to your outline.The outline format: Your outline must be formatted as described and exemplified in the example attached. Please note that this format will be assessed in your grade:
• Use an alphanumeric sequence
• Sections should be indented and aligned
• Follow the suggested order of the required elements
• Use brief but detailed and descriptive phrases.
The required elements: Your outline should contain the following elements in this order:
1. The Introduction: this section must contain
o Name of research topic
o When weather event occurred
o Where weather event occurred
o Who was impacted by weather event
o Why is weather event relevant and important
2. The Body (Content Sections): this section should contain
o Weather Journal: Review the Weather Journal and include a minimum of five days of atmospheric conditions. Record conditions beginning at least two days prior to the event and ending at least two days after the event.
o Weather Event: Discuss the meteorology of what happened during your weather event. Describe conditions seen on the ground.
o Causation: Factors instrumental in creating favorable conditions for this weather event (i.e., surface heating, upper level disturbances, frontal convergence, etc.)
o Societal Impacts: Discuss the short-term (i.e. evacuations, power outages, property damage, injuries, loss of life, etc.) and long-term (i.e. economic losses, homelessness, mass relocations, etc.) impacts this weather event had on society.
o Weather Readiness: Plans to minimize, mitigate, or avoid future impacts from similar weather events (i.e. investing in weather radios or weather apps, evacuation plans, recovery centers, improving infrastructure, etc.)
3. The Conclusion Section: this section should contain four to six points that sum up the main points from the body of the outline.
o Start your conclusive section with one sentence summarizing some basic information included in the introduction your chosen topic
o Continue with a brief summary (1-2 sentences) summarizing what happened.
o Include a brief note about future weather readiness.
o Wrap up the conclusive section with a closing note that provides brief information about relevancy of your topic.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.