Assignment: Disaster Research Respondent
Provide an approximate 1500-word document analyzing important concepts in the readings. Ensure your apply the discussion tenets from the contributors to you work including the work of Barton, Boin, Buckle, Smith, Stallings, Perry, and Quarantelli. Assume that you are writing for an uninformed reader that knows nothing about the topic and has not read what you read. Provide an introduction that gives the background of the resource that you are reviewing, so the reader will understand what they're reading and why. Include the following topics in the discussion:
- Discuss the relationship between disaster and stress including the difference between individual and collective stress, and why is it important?
- Discuss Stallings theses; analyze and discuss how various contributors add and detract from his work? Which criticisms are valid and which not?
- Provide an analysis of the discussions throughout the readings (Barton, Boin, Buckle, Smith, Stallings, Perry, and Quarantelli).
- Discuss how Stallings work inform the future research that is still required? What would be the value of that research?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.