Assignment: Business Presentations
1. "Communicate-don't decorate." This principle is one of 20 rules that graphic designer and educator Timothy Samara discusses in his 2007 book Design Elements:
A Graphic Style Manual. How could you apply this principle to the design of your PowerPoint presentations?
2. How can speakers prevent multimedia presentation software from stealing their thunder?
3. Discuss effective techniques for reducing stage fright.
4. Ethical Issue: Critics of PowerPoint claim that flashy graphics, sound effects, and animation often conceal thin content. Consider, for example, the findings regarding the space shuttle Challenger accident that killed seven astronauts. Report authors charged that NASA scientists had used PowerPoint presentations to make it look as though they had done analyses that they hadn't. Overreliance on presentations instead of analysis may have contributed to the shuttle disaster. What lessons about ethical responsibilities when using PowerPoint can be learned from this catastrophe in communication?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.