Assignment: Case Study: Michael Dell-The Man Behind Dell, PowerPoint Presentation (Change Management)
Michael Dell began building and selling computers from his dorm room at age 19. He dropped out of the University of Texas when his sales hit $60 million and has never looked back. Dell is said to be the fifteenth richest man in America, and the youngest CEO to make the Fortune 500. Intensely private and notoriously shy, Dell is hailed as a corporate wonder-kid. He climbed to the top by exploiting tax loopholes, outsourcing the competition, and inventing a term called "leveraged recapitalization."
First, review the following case study:
• Michael Dell- You Won't Have Michael Dell To Kick Around Anymore
Then, in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, address the following tasks:
• Analyze Dell's philosophy as it relates to the role of change in organizational success.
• Determine how Dell's philosophy would be perceived in a low performing culture.
• Identify which performing culture best suits your philosophy regarding change management and provide your rationale.
• Consider the way Dell started his company; determine what market conditions made the business possible.
• Discuss Dell's approach to building his brand.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Guglielmo, C. (2013). You Won't Have Michael Dell To Kick Around Anymore. Forbes Asia, 9(14), 74-80.