Assignment: Safeguarding Critical Assets
The first project resulted in an overview of the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DR/BC) Plan and a risk assessment for the corporation. The result of the risk assessment should provide a good foundation for the next step in the development of the DR/BC plan: identification of intellectual property, resources, and facilities that need to be backed up or replicated, and methods for consideration.
For this assignment, you will continue your work on the DR/BC Plan development by creating a PowerPoint presentation covering back-up requirements and methods. You will be identifying the specific types of documents, facilities, and resources that must be available for ongoing business continuity and the various alternatives that should be considered.
The project deliverables are as follows:
• Update the DR/BC Plan title page with new date.
• Update previously completed sections based on the instructor's feedback.
• Safeguarding Critical Assets
o Discuss critical areas within the new organization that need to be backed up.
o Explain how and where will they be stored and how will they be used in a restore procedure if necessary.
o Discuss how cloud-based computing and storage components are or will be used to eliminate single points of failure.
o Be sure to limit information on your slides to short descriptive phrases, and use no more than 5 primary bullets per slide.
o Use the Speaker Notes section to provide narration of the slides, using complete sentences and paragraphs. You will be able to reuse the information from the Speaker Notes area and insert it into the DR/BC Plan document for future assignments.
o Excellent writing skills and proper APA formatting are required.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.