Allocate 3 hours in the field to support this assignment.
Attend a school board meeting for a local school district. If you are unable to attend in person, you may watch a live stream or an official recorded video of a recent school board meeting.
In a 500 to 750 word reflection about your experience, address the following:
- Describe each item addressed at the board meeting. What was being discussed and why?
- Explain who was in attendance at the meeting. What kinds of people were there? Why were they there? Were you surprised by who attended?
- Describe who presented at the meeting. Were the presentations civil? Did you agree with one side or another of the arguments?
- What you learned at this board meeting.
- How you will use what you learned as a teacher.
Submit a copy of the meeting agenda to LoudCloud with your reflection.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Document the locations and hours you spend in the field on your Clinical Field Experience Verification Form.
The Clinical Field Experience Verification Form can be found in the student portal. Complete the student portion of the electronic document and submit by the end of the course by clicking "click to sign." An email will be sent to your email address on file, along with the final completed document. Save a copy for your records, and submit the Clinical Field Experience Verification Form to the LMS in the last topic. Directions for submitting can be found on the College of Education site in the Student Success Center.