Select an educational setting with which you are familiar and have some knowledge of the stakeholders.
Select and describe a curriculum theory that you have studied that might, in your opinion, help stakeholders within that setting make decisions. Be sure to address the following:
- Discuss the positive and negative aspects of the theory as it is applied to this situation.
- Explain contingency plans for decision making that may be necessary in actual implementation of the curriculum.
- Discuss the ways in which stakeholders link curriculum decisions to data such as grades, retention, and opinions.
- Discuss strengths and weaknesses of other proposed solutions by the class.
Answer the following questions:
- What should stakeholders know about curriculum theory, but typically do not?
- What would you do about it if you were a curriculum leader in an organization?
- Should curriculum decisions be adapted to the state of awareness and curriculum knowledge in an environment? Why or why not?
- Is there an ethical point that you, as a curriculum leader, should not cross in adopting and adapting curriculum? If so, what is it?