Select a public sculpture that interests you. Public sculptures include any work displayed within public domain, with the goal of being accessible to everyone, outside of a museum or building. Write an essay about an outdoor sculpture that you have seen in person. If you are unable to photograph a local sculpture, please locate one from your community or neighboring city using the Internet and be sure to visit it.
You must be sure to choose a sculpture that you have seen in person so that you can give your description of what you felt when you experienced it. Take a photograph of the sculpture and include it with this essay. If you are unable to take a photograph, locate one from the Internet. Include the photograph of the artwork on the fourth page by pasting the image into a Word document along with your written essay.
Address the following points in your essay:
- Title, artist, and location of the artwork.
- How would you describe the artwork?
- Why it is there, and what (or who) does it represent?
- What was the source of the funding for this artwork?
- How did you feel about it the first time you saw it?
- Do you feel the same about it now?