For the assignment, you are creating a pre assessment, and a summative assessment and administering both during a lesson. You are also asked to discuss what you created per the assignment prompts for a lesson you created, and describe outcomes of the assessments, and data collected. You should describe how you used the data to inform instruction to support remediation, redirection and/or enrichment. If you cannot implement the pre assessment and summative assessment, then hypothesize outcomes, and discuss how you would use data to inform future instructional practice. Be sure to follow the assignment directions completely to address the tenets of the assignment. Hope this helps.
Using what you've learned from Lefrançois as well as other resources along the way, develop a curriculum based assessment (CBA) centered on one of your two instructional plans.
Part 1: Provide a Pre-Assessment Description (One-pages).
Use these prompts to guide your exploration of what occurred BEFORE the summative assessment.
- State measurable and observable objectives (what you wanted students to learn).
- Describe how you knew learning occurred prior to summative assessment.
- Describe the instructional strategies used to prepare students for the summative assessment (from your previous instructional plan in either Weeks Three or Four).
- Explain adjustments you made or should have made to your instruction to ensure mastery of learning objectives.
- Describe how the use of technology contributed to student preparation for the summative assessment or how it will be added to and contribute to the summative assessment here.
Part 2: Design an easily accessible summative assessment (Approximately two pages)
1. Identify the grade level and subject matter and a measurable unit objective(s) and align with the stated standard as prescribed in the original instructional plan from either Week Three or Four and referenced from the Common Core State Standards Initiative. http://www.corestandards.org/
2. Create a minimum of six, no more than ten, problems/questions/tasks for students to complete that include a variety of test item types (selected response, short answer, extended written response, and/or performance).
3. Label each question with its corresponding:
- Objective(s) (if more than one is being assessed)
- Depth of Knowledge (DOK) levels (Note at least two different cognitive levels must be measured on this assessment.)
4. Define and discuss criteria for scoring extended response and performance items.
Part 3: Provide Assessment Reflection (One pages).
- Define how you determined mastery.
- Explain how you will accommodate or modify for the special population previously described in Week Four (two students with specific learning disabilities in reading and math, one ADHD student, and one English language learner).
- Describe how you will use the evidence collected.