Environmental Organizations Scoring Guide.
Global Environment Facility.
World Wildlife Fund.
IUCN: The World Conservation Union.
International Institute for Sustainable Development.
Academic Success Center.
Writing Support: APA Style and Formatting.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
• Competency 6: Review environmentalist and human rights organizations concerns over globalization.
• Describes an environmentalist organization.
• Examines and describes the role, mission, structure, and activities of the environmentalist organization.
• Explains the environmentalist organization's concerns over globalization.
• Competency 7: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
• Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
In this assignment, choose one of the environmental organizations about which you are interested in learning more. You can choose from the list in the Resources section, or you can select another that is particularly interesting to you. These Web sites are also listed in your Course Materials. You may need to research more than just the Web site to complete this assignment. Write a brief summary of your findings that demonstrate this organization's relevance in global politics. Include the following:
• Identify and briefly describe the environmental organization you selected.
• Describe the organization's:
• Scope of activities.
• Overall success-or lack thereof.
While content is the most important aspect of your paper; organization, readability, grammar, and spelling are also important. The length of your paper should be determined by its content, and it should follow APA format. Add headers as appropriate, include a reference page at the end of your paper, and be sure to properly cite and provide references for material you use in your paper, per APA guidelines.