Assignment: Interview Permission & Company Basics
Family Business Selection Rules & Interview Scheduling
Identify a family business from your local area to interview for your Family Business Profile.
• A family business can only be selected once in the class (based on the earliest submission).
• A family business must not be a student's own family business that entails direct involvement.
• In order to qualify for this profile project, the selected family business must
o Have two or more family members directly and currently involved in the operation of the business
• Aspiring family businesses (or those who plan to pass their business to their children) do not qualify.
• Secure a date/time for the interview, agree on an interview method, and obtain additional information (e.g., owner name, contact information, etc.) as shown below.
Required Information for Part A
1. Your Name
2. Business Name
3. Owner Name(s) and Contact Information (phone/email)
4. Names and Job Titles for two or more family members currently involved in the business
6. Interview Date and Time
7. Interview Method (phone, email, or face-to-face)
8. Website Address or Social Media Alternative (e.g. URL, Facebook page, etc.)
9. Business Snapshot link to "About Us" and Business Overview description in your own words (no less than 150 words, comprehensive, well-written grammatically).
10. Explain how you identified, found, or selected this business for the Family Business Profile. Name and describe two other businesses in the same area that offer similar products/services, and specify whether they are family-owned.
11. Explain why you believe this family business is a good choice for the Family Business Profile. Describe what made you want to know more about this particular family business.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.