Write a four-page research paper focused on the basic functional areas found in a typical organization. Include the following five sections in your paper:
• Section 1: Write an introduction to your paper.
• Section 2: Select two of the three functional areas already addressed in this course: operations, marketing, and human resources. Then:
o Conduct research on these two areas, locating at least two credible library and Internet sources. Find articles that discuss the basic responsibilities of an office in each functional area.
o Use what you learned to describe the following for each of the functional areas you researched:
o The primary purpose of this functional area in an organization.
o How this functional area supports the achievement of organizational goals in a business. In other words, why is this functional area important to an organization?
o How this functional area might be helpful to the newly merged company, RPZ Marketing, and its ability to meet its goals.
o Include a quotation or paraphrased statement related to the responsibilities of each functional area.
Section 3: Select one of the following functional areas yet to be addressed in this course: accounting/finance or IT:
o Conduct research on this functional area, locating at least one external source, Find an article that discusses the basic responsibilities of an office in this functional area.
o Describe the types of actions this functional area should implement to effectively support RPZ's organizational goals. In other words, how could an IT, or accounting/finance department help RPZ?
Section 4: Write a conclusion identifying which functional areas you think RPZ should pay the most attention to as it moves forward with its merger.
Section 5: Cite sources used:
o If you paraphrase, summarize, or quote information from a source within the body of your paper, include an in-text citation. Note that each of these types of information requires that a different combination of elements be used for the citation.
o Provide a reference list of all sources used on a separate page at the end of your paper. Note that all sources listed on a reference list must have at least one corresponding in-text citation.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.