Your project for this class should represent an effort to engage with an environmental issue using an approach or approaches from the environmental humanities, i.e. film, poetry, visual arts (photography, painting, sculpture, screen printing, textiles, etc), history, philosophy, nature writing, fiction, creative nonfiction, personal essay, performance, or others. Your project should use one or more of these approaches to explore the complexities of the issue you have selected and to communicate those elements to broad audiences.
Your submission will consist of two parts:
• A creative engagement with your environmental issue. This submission may come in a variety of forms. You might be working with a film, or a combination of poetry and music, or photography and nature writing, etc. If you are creating large-scale art pieces that do not lend themselves to submission on Canvas, please take a picture of your art so that you can upload it as part of your final submission. If you are using a written form (i.e. creative nonfiction, science fiction, personal essay, etc) your piece should be at least 2000 words.
• A short essay that describes your creative process, background research, and critical analysis of this environmental issue. Your essay must be at least 1000 words and include:
1. A description of your process. What inspired your project? Why did you select this environmental issue and these environmental humanities approaches? How did your project develop over the course of the term? What challenges did you encounter in communicating this issue using qualitative methodologies?
2. The background research you did about this topic. Describe the research you did about the environmental issue you selected. What surprised you? What sources did you find most useful? What absences and/or uncertainties did you find in the research (in other words, what information were you unable to find about your topic)? Why might this information be difficult to find?
3. Your analysis of this environmental issue. How do you understand the cause and/or causes of this environmental issue? What are some of the complexities in solving it? How are stories about this environmental issue usually told? How does your project tell that story differently?
Format your assignment according to the give formatting requirements:
1. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.