Oftentimes, the process of implementing security opens one's eyes to other forms of security not previously considered. Well, in this assignment you should experience just that. This assignment focuses on a model of implementing security in layers which in many cases requires a network that is designed accordingly. In this assignment, you are to design a network to incorporate the following:
Corporate Site (Chicago)
• All servers exist here (Web server, file server, print server, mail server, ftp server)
• Connection to the Internet (50mbps)
• 300 employees who only need access to local corporate resources and the Internet
1 Remote Site (8 miles away)
• 20 employees who need access to all resources at corporate plus the Internet
• Connection to the Internet (3mbps)
Write a paper in which you:
1. Using Microsoft Visio or its open source alternative, design a network diagram, particularly with defense in depth in mind which depicts:
o All network devices used (routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, VPNs, proxies, and/or others)
o The interconnections between network devices
o The end user (client) devices (desktops, laptops)
o The Internet cloud, generically, to represent your network's interface to the Internet
2. Describe the flow of data through your network, and explain how your network design provides multiple layers of security.
3. Use at least four quality resources in this assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.)
4. Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.