Source: LaRoy, G. (2013). Chick fil A Eat Mor Chikin Except on Sunday. Retrieved from
This video summarizes the marketing strategy of Chick-fil-A®, the second largest quick-service chicken restaurant chain in the United States, based on sales ($1.975 billion in 2005). It operates over 1,250 restaurants in 37 states and Washington, D.C. Its 2005 performance marks the 38th consecutive year of system-wide sales gain.
After watching the video please, answer the following case questions:
1. Describe Chick-file-A marketing strategy?
2. How would you describe Chick-fil-A's positioning strategy?
3. Is Sunday closing a competitive advantage for Chick-fil-A? Explain.
4. Should other retailers consider closing on Sunday? Why? Why not?
5. Describe the company's marketing mix along with the 4 Ps.