Assignment: People and Organisations
a) Reflection: on your tutor feedback from first assessment and a final review of your learning on the module (500 words).
This continues the theme and practice of reflection started for assessment one by looking at reflection for development. Your reflectionshould indicate how the feedback and learning from the first piece of assessment has been used to prepare the final essay. To do that you should list TWO aspects of your writing and learning which you wish to improve upon and detail how you have started to and plan to address these. Please comment on how you have used the tutor feedback constructivelyand your time in this module to learn about the transition to higher education and to aid preparation for your essay/assessment 2. It should also include a final review paragraph which considers how the learning on the module has helped you to work towards your learning goals for this semester.
This part will not be given a mark but it is compulsory to include it and we know that it can help you in your studies.
b) Essay plan (500 words)
This draft essay plan will be discussed in the seminars in weeks 9 and 11 and given peer feedback and some tutor guidance. It is aimed at improving the structure and development of your arguments in your essay (something we have found students can find difficult). You can use any presentation you wish (linear, mind map, etc), as the aim is for you to gain peer feedback at the seminar and through this to improve the final essay.
The essay plan will not be given a mark but it is compulsory to include it as part of the assessment submission and it is a vital stage in effective academic writing. It will help you to improve your essay style, which will help you gain higher marks in discursive subjects.
c) Essay (2,000 words)
The assessment will look at to what extent you have shown an ability to:
• Outline relevant concepts/ideas and theories covered fromthe field of organisational behaviour;
• Demonstrate relevant knowledge from reading and research;
• Write clearly, effectively and concisely in an essay format and usesources/referencesappropriately;
• Describe and apply some of the organisational behaviour theories and writers, which have influenced ourthinking about individuals in organisations; forexample inrelationtoperception, stress, motivation, structures, personality, organisational structures or leadership;
Final essay of 2000 words (+/-10% of word count - excluding reference and bibliography list at end). You must keep your work within the word limit or penalties apply. Please note that you should make reference to reading you have done when answering the questions.
Choose ONE of the following essay questions to answer:
1. A great deal is written about the positive effects for an organisation of working in groups, but what are some negative aspects or challenges that can arise for the individual and for the organisation?
2. According to personality theories, what kinds of personality traits can we measure? And how might these change over time?
3. What factors affect how we perceive others? And how can these lead to errors of judgement? Use theories/literature to support your answer.
4. Choose ONE of the four themes of the module (Social process of joining an organisation, Working and networking with different people and negotiating differences, Work and Private life and How organisations can affect our motivation and creativity). Describe the importance of this theme for managers in an organisation, using ONE of the lecture topics to illustrate your argument.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.