You were directed to identify, plan, execute, and evaluate an educational service learning project in a non-traditional community-based setting that does not require licensure/certification. In previous topics you identified, planned, and executed your project.
In this assignment you will evaluate your service learning project and reflect on the learning that took place.
Write a reflective essay of 750 to 1,000-words in which you look back on the completed project.
Include the following in your reflection:
- The name of the organization in which you executed your plan and what factors led you to conduct your service project in that organization
- As a result of doing this project, are you more likely or less likely to donate money and/or time to this or other charitable organizations. Why?
- Discuss how this project involved being a Servant Leader, either on your part or on the part of someone you observed.
- What did you learn about your calling to be an educator?
- The Greeks are credited with coining the phrase "know thyself." In keeping with this expression, what did you learn about yourself as a person and as a leader as a result of doing this project?
Assignment : Project Wrap Up!
Project Plan Table
Tasks Target Completion Actual Completion
- Define critical features of organization
- Locate three charitable organizations
- Choose organization best suited for project
- Determine contact person within organization
- Make contact with organization
- Is an "in person" meeting necessary?
- Is there paperwork to complete?
- What are my responsibilities?
- What is the time commitment?
- Who will I work with?
- Is there cost associated with the project?