You work for a HR consulting company and an organization (just like the one in which you currently work, have worked, or have access to) has hired your firm to conduct an HRM analysis and make recommendations to better align HR practices to the key business initiatives of the company. In order to accomplish the goal:
1. Analyze the organization and develop a set of HRM practices based upon textbook illustrations and figures. You will develop an 8-10 page research paper (excluding the title and reference pages) modeling one or more of the illustrations from the course text. Your paper should also:
• Identify the firm's history, strategy, market position, and specific area of alignment.
• Provide job pricing and compensation package.
• Describe and analyze the current and targeted work processes as well as the respective knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) required to achieve the organization's objectives.
• Incorporate a discussion of relevant technology considerations to achieve work output in the context of the organization's goals.
• Provide a discussion of the labor market and the appropriate labor law context. Identification of companies that are preparing to address the changes.
• Prescribe a set of HRM recommendations, specifically tailored for the selected firm, consisting of choices from the 19 dimension of an HRM system presented
• Describe other HRM issues as applicable.
• Week One: Organization identification, history, industry, and definition of business strategy
• Week Two: Key employee behaviors and KSAs appropriate for work class
• Week Three: Technology factors and organizational design of work processes
• Week Four: Labor market and legal environment
• Week Five: Draft of HRM practices
• Week Six: Final 8-10 page paper
3. In addition to the requirements above, your paper:
• Should be double-spaced and 12 point font
• Should be formatted according to APA style
• Should include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student's name
- Course name and number
- Instructor's name
- Date submitted
• Should include an introductory paragraph with a thesis statement
• Should conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph
• Should reference at least eight scholarly resources
• Should include a reference page written in APA format