Community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
The benchmark assesses the following competency:
Communicate therapeutically with patients.
The RN to BSN program at Grand Canyon University meets the requirements for clinical competencies as defined by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), using nontraditional experiences for practicing nurses. These experiences come in the form of direct and indirect care experiences in which licensed nursing students engage in learning within the context of their hospital organization, specific care discipline, and local communities.
Note: The teaching plan proposal developed in this assignment will be used to develop your Community Teaching Plan: Community Presentation. You are strongly encouraged to begin working on your presentation once you have received and submitted this proposal.
Select one of the following as the focus for the teaching plan:
1. Primary Prevention/Health Promotion
2. Secondary Prevention/Screenings for a Vulnerable Population
4. Environmental Issues
Use the "Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal" resource to complete this assignment. This will help you organize your plan and create an outline for the written assignment.
1. After completing the teaching proposal, review the teaching plan proposal with a community health and public health provider in your local community.
2. Request feedback (strengths and opportunities for improvement) from the provider.
3. Complete the "Community Teaching Experience" form with the provider. You will submit this form in Topic 5.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.