1. A project is a collection of coordinated work activities conducted within a specifi c time frame that utilizes resources to achieve specifi ed objectives.
a. Briefl y describe a project from your personal life that you have recently completed. State the nature of the project, the initial objectives, and planned the starting and ending dates and the actual starting and ending dates of the project. List any resources used (money, tools, materials, labor).
b. List and compare the outcome of your project to the initial objectives.
2. The text describes the ways in which a team of people writing a book is like a team of people writing software. Read the description and develop a two - column table in which the activities of writing a book are listed in the fi rst column and comparable activities of writing software are listed in the rows of the second column.
3. Describe three ways in which a team effort to develop software is not similar to a team effort to write a book.
4. Describe a circumstance in which a software team would be: a. effi cient but not effective and b. effective but not effi cient
5. For the Automated Teller System illustrated in Figure 2.4 , give an example of some software that might be obtained from each of the six sources of software components listed in Table 2.1
6. Briefly compare and contrast the mechanisms of planning and control used in a Waterfall development project and those used in iterative development projects.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.