Choose a developing country, and discuss its economic growth in the last 2-3 years. Discuss whether you believe the country is on a good course of economic growth and whether the macroeconomic policies are helping achieve this growth. Include the following information:
- What is its GDP per capita and population growth?
- Is it an open or closed economy?
- The unemployment rate is an important economic indicator. Please review this video and discuss how your chosen country's unemployment rate compares to that of America.
- Identify the percentage of GDP that comes from exports and imports and its major export and import.
- Identify the country's type of economy: market, command, or mixed economy.
- Has the value of the country's currency compared to the U.S. dollar changed in the past year?