Fight against Obesity
No unread replies.No replies.
The impact of obesity is overwhelming and the numbers are staggering in relation to both co-morbidity and cost. Advance practice nurses are in an optimal position to impact this epidemic.
After reviewing the content for this module, search online information, tools and screening guidelines/assessments on a few of the following websites or other professional health or medical organizations. The CDC, AMA and UpToDate all have an abundance of information and tools available for practitioners.
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - http://www.cdc.gov/ (Links to an external site.)
• American Medical Association - http://www.ama-assn.org/ (Links to an external site.)
• UpToDate Clinical Decision Support Resource - http://www.uptodate.com/home (Links to an external site.)
For discussion with your peers:
1. Find a tool, article, algorithms etc. that you find particularly helpful or interesting and post it for your peers to review - briefly summarize why you chose it.
2. Briefly discuss how you view the role of APRNs in the fight against obesity. What unique skills do we have to offer?
2 pages and 4 references