From at least three (3) reputable sources -of which 1 (one) credible source must be from the scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article, and 1 (one) source must be from a credible government/professional organization - Students are expected to research information related to one of the following criminal justice decision-making points:
• Plea Bargains;
• Bail; or
• Sentencing: Incarceration
Students are expected to:
• Summarize the rates, of the selected decision-making point, based on socio-economic class orrace and ethnicity;
• Summarize steps taken(at a minimum, two existing programs, initiatives, and/or policies) that attempt to remedy disproportionate minority representation;
• Assess the efficacy of the present policies and practices and provide their rationale for deeming them ineffective/effective; and
• Suggest practices/policies that they predict would decrease disproportionate representation of minorities at the research.
Format: The document, submitted to Safe Assign,must be type-written, specifically double-spaced, one-inch margins, and 12- point font.
There is NO page minimum; rather students should be concerned with their comprehensive/exhaustive coverage of the topic area.
Students must use APA format for citations and references; students must cite sources in the body of the report (in-text citations) and include a list of sources at the end of the report (reference page).
Submission: Prior to the submission date students are required to use Safe Assignment. The acceptable Safe Assign score will be determined by the individual instructor/professor.