Homework: Tough Conversations
Imagine you are the HR manager at a company, and a female employee came to you upset because she felt a male coworker was creating a hostile work environment by repeatedly asking her out on dates even after she said "no". What would you do?
Write a plan for how would you approach your conversation with each employee, including the most essential topics to cover. As you write your plan, think about what your goals are for this situation, and how each conversation will help you achieve those goals.
You will create and submit your homework by using the ecree link. Just click on the link, and start writing. Your work will be saved automatically. You'll see some feedback on the right-hand side of the screen, including text and videos to help guide you in the writing process. When you're ready, you can turn in your homework by clicking "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
Write a five to seven paragraph paper in which you:
1) Write a plan for the conversation you would have with the employee, based on the concepts found in your textbook. What are the most important points you would need to cover in this conversation, and why?
2) Write a plan for the conversation you would have with the employee's male co-worker, based on the concepts found in your textbook. What are the most important points you would need to cover in this conversation, and why?
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
a. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
b. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
c. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this homework are:
1) Explain the human resource management process, its role in supporting the overall organizational strategies, and the various functions involved in human resource management.
2) Explain the key provisions of major government legislation affecting human resource management, including equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, health and safety, and labor relations.
3) Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
4) Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.