Assignment: Ethics and Social Responsibility
In this assignment you will be developing the fourth section of the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park Summary Report that is based around the concept of the ethical decision making, and what makes an organization socially responsible. Select here to download the template for this portion of the assignment.
Camp Bow Wow prides itself on giving back to the community, and that is demonstrated by its Bow Wow Buddies Foundation. "The Bow Wow Buddies Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing urgent medical care funds to dogs who are either homeless or whose parents cannot afford to pay their veterinary bills." (www.campbowwow.com)
The last section of the report is to show how the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park will operate in an ethical manner and support its social responsibility initiatives in the community.
One of the goals of the task force is to formulate a plan to be presented to the owner, Susan Bell, that includes how the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park will promote an ethical workplace, and how it will give back to the community to support its social responsibility commitment.
Business ethics and social responsibility are topics that some of your team members may not have any experience or context to manage, so as the leader of the task force you want to make sure everyone has the same level of knowledge and understanding. To address this concern, your plan is to have a task force meeting dedicated to the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park ethics and social responsibility.
Your task this week is to create the meeting material that you will need that informs and educates your team of the concepts of ethics and social responsibility, and how it will strengthen the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park operation, reputation, and brand. Below is the meeting agenda that you will cover.
Group: Dog Park Task Force
Date: To be announced
Time: 9:00 - 11:00 am
Location: Camp Bow Wow Meeting Room
Facilitator: (Your Name)
Call Meeting to Order -
Agenda - New Business
· What are business ethics and why are the important?
· What are the practical steps that we can do to promote a strong ethical environment?
· Code of Ethics
Social Responsibility -
· What is social responsibility & why is it important to the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park initiative?
· What can the Camp Bow Wow Dog Park do in taking a proactive strategy to social responsibility?
Next Meeting - to be determined
After reviewing the above agenda, your job will be to create the support material that you will be handing out to your to your team, and will become part of the summary report that you present to Susan Bell.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.