Assignment: Data Normalization-Avoiding Anomalies In The Database
In this assignment, you will analyze the role of data normalization in avoiding the three types of modification anomalies.
According to Edgar F. Codd, the inventor of the relational model of database design, one of the objectives of data normalization is to free the database of modification anomalies. In particular, normalization seeks to prevent three types of modification anomalies:
• Update anomalies
• Insertion anomalies
• Deletion anomalies
Using the Argosy University online library resources, scholarly or professional resources, your course textbook, and the Internet, conduct research on the three types of modification anomalies.
Based on your research, create a 3- to 5-page document in Microsoft Word, which includes:
• An explanation of each type of modification anomaly and how each of these anomalies arises
• An analysis and description of the use of the normalization process and how the normalization process seeks to prevent modification anomalie.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.