Project Homework: Culture Analysis Paper
This homework allows you to demonstrate mastery of course outcomes:
1) apply knowledge of the levels, components, and development of culture to inform decision making about organizational practices
2) analyze and describe the impact of organizational culture on performance
You will be asked to analyze an organizational culture. This could be the organization you work with, or it could be some other organization to which you have access. Remember that clubs, associations, and churches can be considered organizations.
Research (data gathering) should include (but does not need to be limited to) mainly primary sources.
Primary data is the data collected by the researcher themselves, i.e.
3) action research
4) case studies
5) life histories
7) ethnographic research
Secondary sources are data that already exists
1) Previous research
2) Official statistics
3) Mass media products
6) Government reports
7) Web information
8) Historical data and information
Collect your data and analyze it. Describe how you collected the data (observation, interviews, surveys).
Then, analyze the organizational culture along three dimensions: artifacts, values, and underlying assumptions. Give examples of behavior, speech, or symbols that illustrate your findings. This paper should be 5-8 pages in length. Any data used (interviews, surveys, websites, etc.) should be attached as appendices. You should use at least 3 course resources.
Format your homework according to the give formatting requirements:
1. The answer must be double spaced, typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the homework, the course title, the student's name, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The references and Citations should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.