Homework is a familiar and a common word to every student. It is the most important part of career and education system. But studying at home after coming from school seems tiring and stressful to most of the students.
No students love or enjoy doing their homework, they want to get rid of them, however, they are unaware of the benefits of doing homework, so they did not complete their work on time and innovate new and different excuses each time to run away from their homework.
This ignoring or avoiding habit or tendency develops more with time among the students and this should have to be stopped because avoiding homework is not a good option.
Here are some of the common excuses innovated by students for non-completion of their work:
1. Blaming pets and siblings, this is the most common excuse of most students that their pet or younger brother/ sister unintentionally carried away their work or tear their assignment pages or made a craft of it, so they were unable to complete their work.
2. Electronic gadgets, making excuses for failure of electronic gadgets is common as in today’s time computer is an important thing for doing home-work and it helps a lot in studying, they make excuses that the computer stopped working, hard disk of the computer has crashed or the printer stopped working. So they make digital problems as excuses for not completing homework.
3. This excuse is very common that students did not understand the topic; they make excuses that they were absent that day when the teacher was teaching that topic, so they will ask for explaining that topic again and by this excuse, the deadline of homework submission will also be granted for them. They will say that the topic was too hard that they did not understand that in class during lecture and will excuse explaining it again and by this, the deadline will also extend.
4. Students sometimes make an excuse that they get a lot of homework, so they can’t complete their work on time. Due to excess of homework of different subjects, they can’t complete their work and also they blame that in doing co-curricular activities they can’t complete their work, and as the co-curricular activities are also important for overall growth, so naturally they make excuse.
5. Family problems is a very good excuse for not doing homework, they make an excuse that they got engaged in some house-hold work, some guests come to visit them, so they have to attend them hence they did not complete their work on time.
6. Health is also an excusable issue as they say that they got flu, cold or fever, stomach ache etc., so they can’t complete their work on time also serious health problem of some relative or family member is also an important excuse the students make.
7. Students say that they have put they forget to bring their assignment to school but they have completed the homework, this is the most common excuse every student make.