College planning for home-schoolers
Homeschooling is a concept of doing schooling at home. In this kind of study a child from a family receives his academic education from somebody within the house.
There are range of legal definitions of homeschooling that may be different for the different countries and regions. Child can have so many benefits from home schooling. For many families and children's home schooling could be very beneficial, often the schools might not be providing that kind of education what their family desire. In some of the cases the faculty choices could be very limited by the geographical and state policy guidelines. So taking in view of all these considerations there are various benefits that a child can get from homeschooling.
The most important benefit of homeschooling can be received by the older. In homeschooling parents are able to give more time to their child as compared to normal schooling. They can teach their kids as per their own timings and schedules and generally have more understanding with their children's. There can be effective communication between kids and the parents.
1. Arts & Humanities deals with a wide variety of courses e.g Sociology, History, Geography, Human Resources, Political Science, Psychology, languages, Humanities, Civics, Anthropology etc.
2. Science is the study of courses in engineering & medical science.
3. Commerce subject deals with the study on trade and business.
There are various choices available than those stated above, it is the student's choice to select the field of his interest.
Generally students of Asian countries still follow the same rules of choosing the career that are advised by others.
Till their academics most of the students are not aware of various options in education which are available to them and they do not know what field they should choose. There are various fields of education available for different students.
Homeschoolers can opt for various degree & diploma courses as per their interest in a particular field.
For a homeschooling student or the parents looking for homeschooling for the academic education of the student, the college life can provide challenging environment of education. The feeling of homeschooling could be very good for the entire family who wants to give one to one education and guidance to their children's.
Some families are very confident and comfortable about their decision of home school their kids during their academic education. But sometime it becomes very challenging with the real world and college needs of the teens. The very important reasons why parents select homeschooling for their kids is one to one learning, good family relationships, imparting the knowledge about various values and beliefs and give a safe environment.
Preparing for Homeschooling with proper planning helps your children for academic education. In what particular field, he is interested in as a homeschooling family you should take steps in advance to prepare your child for college before he actually enroll. There are various things you should plan and prepare today for saving time and money. This helps in making the admission process easier for your child.
The student should be enrolled in a public or private school or registered as a homeschooling student in your state.
The parents of a homeschooled student have the authority to decide what course they want for their child.
Nowadays there are various resources available for parents to help them in this process of enrollment.
These days there are many helpful resources available those consists of different home schooling organizations, information available on the internet through various sources, different books of different writers etc. always connecting thorough internet and other options is a great support for homeschooling parent.
College planning for home-schoolers
College education can be challenging for students of Homeschooling and also very difficult for the parents of such child. So if a child of home school is planning for college life, parents of such children's start feeling very tensed. Parents can involve the child in his education & they can start planning for college application process.
- First you should check at what level your child is. There are a few important steps that every parent should take to start the college life of a homeschooler.
- After planning and checking at which point your child is you should organize all the things and records and find out what is going to work for you and keep everything together and prepare a book list with deadline.
- Plan the money you need for graduation and what are the credit points different universities will prefer in different states for admission.
- You should download a chart and organize different subject. Create your own understanding of different subjects and fill the gaps you locate during that time.
- Search about various courses available and Enrollment procedures. Find out the Board & universities that provides college level classes for academic students. Written exams qualifying scores can help your child at various universities to skip some beginning college classes. The money you will spend on tuition can be saved by this process. Expenditure of parents is the books cost and incidental fees. So if you properly plan you can save both money & time.
- Record the dates for different university exams for college application process. You should ensure that your child perform better in all these university exams
- Start communicating to your child everyday to know about his interest in various fields. Discuss with him various post high school opportunities to make college life more affordable.
- Visit campuses of various colleges to get the idea which college suits your child and education budget of your family.
- College planning is a big task. It will become more suitable if you manage and divide all the activities. If you have the proper planning you can plan the work and create changes.
The one thing every parents of a home school child must ensure that they should keep the record of their child's academic work as well as their extracurricular activities.