Assignment: Magna Carta Reaction Paper
This paper will focus on your reactions to The Magna Carta.
This work was written in 1215 in Britain. It is a contract signed between John, King of England, and the nobles. The Magna Carta established constitutional monarchy in the British Isles, which would last until today.
Some questions you may wish to explore include:
1. Why would King John sign an agreement that limited his powers?
2. What does this document tell us about the relationship between the king and the aristocracy?
3. How important was the protection of property rights in this agreement?
4. Where do we see examples of justice and honor in the various agreements made between the king and the nobility?
5. How do you think this document has shaped future ideas of government in the Western world?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.