Assignment: Practicum Experience
As your practicum proceeds, consider the topics addressed this week. Conduct research to further your understanding of how issues related to health information systems and other resources, such as financials, staffing, and materials, could influence the implementation of your proposed change.
In addition, you reflect on the effectiveness of your practicum experiences for fostering your professional development. What challenges are you encountering, or would you anticipate at this point? If necessary, what can be done to improve the situation?
• Reflect on the learning objectives and activities you developed for your practicum experience. Also, consider the leadership competencies introduced.
• What new skills or insights have you gained thus far in your practicum experience? How do you think this is impacting your leadership development and the planning of your proposed change? What adjustments might need to be made to your leadership presence within the practicum environment-or your plan for change? What additional supports would you find most beneficial right now?
To complete: By tomorrow 4/10/19 6mpm, write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references. Include the level one headers as numbered below:
1) What new skills or insights have you gained through your practicum experiences?
2) How is this impacting your leadership development and planning related to your proposed change?
3) What additional supports would be beneficial?
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
• Review Chapter 6, "Translation of Evidence for Leadership"
This chapter addresses the pivotal role of leadership in the translation of evidence into practice.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice.
Use the information in this report to guide the formulation of goals for your practicum experience.
Kotter, J. P. (2007). Leading change: Why transformation efforts fail. Harvard Business Review, 85(1), 96-103.
In this foundational reading, Dr. John Kotter discusses errors commonly made as organizations undergo change, and he recommends steps leaders can take to help avoid them.
Murphy, M. P., Staffileno, B. A., & Carlson, E. (2015). Original Article: Collaboration Among DNP- and PhD-Prepared Nurses: Opportunity to Drive Positive Change. Journal of Professional Nursing,31388-394. doi:10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.03.001
Nelson-Brantley, H. V., & Ford, D. J. (2017). Leading change: a concept analysis. Journal Of Advanced Nursing, 73(4), 834-846. doi:10.1111/jan.13223
Salmela, S., Eriksson, K., & Fagerström, L. (2012). Leading change: a three-dimensional model of nurse leaders' main tasks and roles during a change process. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(2), 423-433. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05802.x
Sherrod, B., & Goda, T. (2016). DNP-Prepared leaders guide healthcare system change. Nursing Management, (9). 13.
Osters, S., & Tiu, F. S. (n.d.). Writing measurable learning outcomes.
Kotter International. (2017). Kotter International.
National Center for Healthcare Leadership. (2017). NCHL Health Leadership Competency ModelTM.