Assignment: Ethical, Legal, And Professional Standards
In this Assignment, you will consider the ACA's Code of Ethics and how these practices impact assessment. This professional code identifies your responsibilities and the practices you must adhere to for the benefit of your clients, your colleagues, and your community.
• Review the ACA's Code of Ethics website found in this module's Learning Resources and consider how they apply to your professional development
• Review and use the Ethical Decision-Making Model from the course text: Exercise 2.2 Making Ethical Decisions (p. 37) for this Assignment.
• -Review the five cases
• -Select two of the situations and answer the questions provided in the course text from the Ethical Decision-Making Model.
• -In one page each, identify the cases you selected and include your responses to the questions on the second page. (Note: Two pages total).
• -On page 3, add a summary paragraph or two that shares your personal challenges with addressing the ethical issues in the assignment.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015). Chapter 2: Ethical, legal, and professional issues in assessment. In The essentials of Testing and Assessment: A practical guide for counselors, social workers, and psychologists (pp. 21-41). Stamford, CN: Cengage Learning.
Neukrug, E. S., & Fawcett, R. C. (2015). Appendix B: Assessment sections of ACA's and APA's Code of Ethics. In The essentials of Testing and Assessment: A practical guide for counselors, social workers, and psychologists (p.308). Stamford, CN: Cengage Learning.
American Counseling Association (ACA). (2014). ACA code of ethics.
Association for Assessment and Research in Counseling AARC (formerly AACE). (2012).
Association for Assessment in Counseling. (2003a). Responsibilities of users of standardized tests (RUST) (3rd ed.).
Association for Assessment in Counseling. (2012). Standards for multicultural assessment.
Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development. (1996). AMCD multicultural counseling competencies.