Alternative Writing Assignment
As a family nurse practitioner, you must possess excellent physical assessment skills. This alternative writing assignment mirrors the discussion content of the debriefing session and will allow the student to expand their knowledge of physical health assessment principles specific to the advanced practice role.
This assignment is guided by the following Course Outcomes (COs):
1. Apply advanced practice nursing knowledge to collecting health history information and physical examination findings for various patient populations.
2. Differentiate normal and abnormal health history and physical examination findings.
4. Adapt health history and physical examination skills to the developmental, gender-related, age-specific, and special population needs of the individual patient.
The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulateadvanced assessment health history and physical examination techniques which are relevantto a focused body system, (b)differentiate normal and abnormal findings with regard to a disease or condition that impacts the body system, and (c) adapt advanced assessment skills if necessary to suit the needs of specific patient populations.
The standard MSN Participation Late Assignment policy applies to this assignment (please see the course syllabus)
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.