International Human Resource Management Final Paper
Create an eight- to ten-page detailed exploratory analysis of the human resource management processes and practices in a particular country of your choice. Develop this analysis as if you were preparing a plan for a new expatriate manager taking a position within the selected country. The report should be seen as a resource to which organizations can refer to when expanding a business venture in the country of choice and sending an expatriate to work there.
Focus of the Final Paper
Your analysis should cover the following topics:
• Discuss the culture and socio-political background of the country you selected. Be sure to include a description of the legal and governmental systems.
• Appraise the business environment of the selected country and discuss the organizational structure, industrial relations, HRM practices, and common management styles.
• Identify and discuss at least three examples of practices that could be in conflict between cultures (acceptable in one culture but illegal or unethical in the other) and how you would suggest dealing with these issues.
• Discuss repatriation and why it is important to consider both entry and exit for an expatriate manger.
• Analyze the role of training and development of an expatriate manager and provide suggestions for supporting the successful repatriation of an expatriate manager.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
1. Should be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
2. Should include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student's name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor's name
e. Date submitted
3. Should begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
4. Should address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
5. Should end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
6. Should use at least four scholarly sources. This can include cases, journals, articles, etc., that are retrieved through a research source in the Ashford University Library.
7. Should document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
8. Should include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.