Create a paper of 2,000-3,000 words with citations and references
You represent a large U.S. corporation that manufactures rubber tires, and you want to begin manufacturing and distribution in another country. Choose a country that you think you would want to start a manufacturing plant in. Answer the following questions about your company and its chosen new market. Organize your paper into four sets of concerns: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer.
Chairman: Research and write on the following issues:
• Discuss the macro environment of the country.
• What is the company strategy there?
• How will you be socially and economically responsible?
• What would be the role of management?
• What is the mode of entry you are going to use, and why?
• You are also thinking of how you are going to implement the rewards program.
• What do you think would motivate the workers?
• How would you design the right culturally appropriate program?
• What kind of leadership would work in this country?
Vice-chairman: Research and write on the following issues:
• What are the political, cultural, environmental, and economic risks of doing business there?
• If you do decide to do business there, how would you staff the operation?
• What type of concerns would you have?
• What do you need to consider when you recruit, evaluate, train, and deal with labor relations issues?
• How would you select the manager?
• What are some of the issues to consider regarding the expatriate?
• What if it does not work out?
Secretary: Research and write on the following issues:
• What are some of the legal issues you would have to deal with as a company if you decide to expand there?
• What sort of international orientation would you consider?
• What are some of the opportunities and strengths of doing business there?
• What are some of the cross-cultural issues you are going to have to deal with?
• What are some of the protocols and etiquette issues you must incorporate into your business behavior?
• How are you going to deal with management issues such as assertiveness, conflict resolution, and team building?
Treasurer: Research and write on the following issues:
• What are some of the foreign trade issues you will have to deal with?
• What are the determinants to foreign entry there, and how would you enter there?
• You will be embarking on the international negotiation.
• What are the 5 stages of negotiation, and how are you going to prepare for them?
• What cultural differences do you need to be sensitive to in the process?
• What would be some of the political, legal, economic, and ideological issues that may come up?
• How would you manage conflict if it should come up in the negotiations?
• What decision-making process would work better with the different cultures?