Module Project Assignment: Hardware And Software Technology Needed
We addressed the hardware in earlier assignments. For this assignment, we will address software options available to build an e-commerce site. While hardware and software are a natural fit to make any web server run, the selection of each element is important and unique. Conduct research on these products: Apache, Internet Information Services (IIS), IBM HTTP Server, and Oracle HTTP Server. Search for the phrase "Comparison of web server software" and you will find a host of information to review. When reviewing the information, be sure to pay attention to the main elements of software packages such as Java Scripting, SSL, Licensing, and supported Operating Systems. During your research, also consider databases, which will house all of your business's information. Review products such as Ingres, DB2, Oracle, or SQL Server.
For your assignment, you will need to do the following:
• Describe the software technology that you will need to build your e-commerce site.
o Why did you choose this particular software?
• Discuss how you will ensure that your site is secure.
o Make sure to address https, viruses, malware, and mobile user support.
• Include information regarding your budget, vendor support, database needs, and software reliability.
Below are guidelines for writing your paper:
• Your paper should be at least 2 pages long and include at least 2 scholarly references from the Rasmussen Online Library. Scholarly sources include academic or peer-reviewed journal articles.
• Integrate your own thoughts and ideas and connect them with research support using citations from scholarly references. Demonstrate your integration of research by including APA formatted in-text citations at key points throughout your paper.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.