Assignment: SCADA Worm
Protecting the nation's critical infrastructure is a major security challenge within the U.S. Likewise, the responsibility for protecting the nation's critical infrastructure encompasses all sectors of government, including private sector cooperation. Search on the Internet for information on the SCADA Worm.
Write a three to five page paper in which you:
1. Describe the impact and the vulnerability of the SCADA / Stuxnet Worm on the critical infrastructure of the United States.
2. Describe the methods to mitigate the vulnerabilities, as they relate to the seven domains.
3. Assess the levels of responsibility between government agencies and the private sector for mitigating threats and vulnerabilities to our critical infrastructure.
4. Assess the elements of an effective IT Security Policy Framework, and how these elements, if properly implemented, could prevent or mitigate and attack similar to the SCADA / Stuxnet Worm.
5. Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also includes a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Identify the role of an information systems security (ISS) policy framework in overcoming business challenges.
• Compare and contrast the different methods, roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities of personnel, along with the governance and compliance of security policy framework.
• Describe the different ISS policies associated with the user domain.
• Analyze the different ISS policies associated with the IT infrastructure.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in security strategy and policy formation.
• Write clearly and concisely about Information Systems Security Policy topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.