Assignment: Occupational Health & Safety Essay And Journals
1. Throughout history, there have been several workplace tragedies that helped to shape the field of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) as we know it today. For this assignment, you will choose one significant workplace tragedy.
To complete the assignment, you will need to address the following items:
• Summarize the tragedy selected and how this event helped to improve workplace safety and health today.
• Compare and contrast the safety and health regulatory environment existing at the time of the tragedy with that of the current day.
• Identify existing OSH regulatory and/or consensus standards that have likely helped to prevent a recurrence of the tragic event.
Your paper should be at least two pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. A minimum of two sources must be used, one which may include the textbook. Your paper must be in APA style format.
2. Consider the seven competencies by the ASSP and eight elements of the TSM. Recall an experience that led to an incident when one of these were not followed. Did you agree with the competency not being followed? Why, or why not?
Your journal entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary
3. Reflect on your current work environment. Discuss a work-related accident that occurred and your thoughts on whether or not the accident was preventable.
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
1. The answer should be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
2. The response also include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
3. Also Include a reference page. The Citations and references should follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.