For this course, you will assume the role of a manager or legal advisor and create a PowerPoint presentation for an organizational employee meeting. The subject of the presentation will be compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The presentation will need elements defining what ADA is, specific regulations, possible deficiencies and resolutions, recent changes or additions to the regulations, and the possible effects on guests or employees. The objective for the presentation is to evaluate operational activities and procedures related to ADA within a chosen organization type and its impact on guests and employees.
The presentation should be no more than 25 individual slides. You should include at least three references in the form of precedent, supporting article, or documented policy from another organization. Use the notes section of the PowerPoint slide to provide an overview of each slide, serving as your lecture notes for the slide or the script for the presentation. You will be graded on the quality of your slides, the logic/organization of the slides,your language skills, and your writing skills.
The PowerPoint presentation must include the following:
1. Introduction: a brief description of the ADA and organization.
2. Presentation outline: goals and subtopics of the presentation.
3. Common regulations related to organization type (assumed to be what the organization has in place
4. Two Possible opportunities related to organization type (assumed, using current or past cases as examples)
5. Resolutions for opportunities, action plan for employees and/or leadership
6. Relevant changes for organization type (there is at least one)
7. Overview of plans to prepare/implement processes in response to changes
8. Address effects on guest or employee experience (include employee response to guest if applicable)
9. Summarizing conclusion.
10. References (provide citations in slides and full reference entries on final slide)
Layout: Slides are appropriate for content and utilize transitions. Continuity exists.
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
Length of presentation: No more than 25 slides