• for the following countries:
o Saudi Arabia
o Democratic Republic of Congo
• Research each country, using such resources as the CIA World Fact Book, World Bank data, and World Trade Organization. Research
its economic, political, and cultural development.
• Compare the following using tables or graphs, for most recent year available and for 2009 (the trough of the last economic cycle):
o Country GDP per Capita
o Country GDP as a % of World GDP
o Country exports per capita
o Country exports as a % of GDP
o Country exports as a % of World exports.
o Country imports per capita
o Country imports as a % of GDP
o Country imports as a % of World imports (world imports = world exports)
• Discuss reasons why the economic growth of the four countries varies so markedly. How does trade influence the strength of the economy worldwide?
• Determine the stage in the lifecycle for each country's economy.
• Discuss the following for each country:
o At least two products that have provided the country an absolute advantage in trade (if any)
o At least two products that have provided the country a comparative advantage in trade
o Factors that have prevented a country from achieving either
Cite a minimum of three peer reviewed sources.
Format the assignment consistent with APA guidelines.