Assignment : Implications of Health Economic Concepts for Health Care
Select at least five economic concepts covered in the first four weeks' readings, and discuss the primary manner in which these concepts impact the world of health care economics. Some examples of selected concepts are health demand and supply, elasticity, resources, health measures, and costs.
Write a four to six page paper in which you:
1. Assess the value of health care professionals and decision makers understanding the discipline of health economics.
2. Defend or critique the importance of considering the complex nature of health and health care when examining the economic principles related to health care delivery.
3. Analyze the primary potential benefits of learning about health economics related to government involvement in health care economics, financing, and delivery.
4. Analyze the main potential benefits of learning about health economics related to private sector government involvement in health care economics, financing, and delivery.
5. Use at least five current references. Three of these references must be from current peer-reviewed sources to support and substantiate your comments and perspectives.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain how selected economic principles apply to the health care market and the provisions of health care services.
• Analyze the factors that are influencing the demand and supply of health care services in the U.S.
• Assess current economic trends that influence the cost, quality, and access to care.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
• Write clearly and concisely about health economics using proper writing mechanics.