For all questions, please cite any sources other than your textbook that you've used.
1. Before starting any campaign or project, what are the first 3 questions a Marketer needs to ask and answer?In your own words, why is it important to answer these questions first?
2. In any Marketing role, it is important to know not only the definition of terms, but also why they are important to a business. From the following list of reported metrics found in a web analytics tool (eg. SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics), explain why they are valuable for a Marketer to monitor.
a) Referral source report
b) Mobile device type report
c) Landing page
d) Bounce rate
e) Entry page and Exit page
BONUS: Seasonality of visits
3. As it relates to an A/B test:
a) Explain the steps involved in an A/B test.
b) As a Marketer working with a Graphic Designer, you both disagree on which image to use for an ad. How can you use an A/B test to resolve your disagreement?
4. An A/B test has been run comparing two purchase funnel experiences. As the Marketer, you must provide your assessment on which funnel to keep and which to "throw out". Based on the data, which funnel had the best results? Provide your reasoning.
5. What does this heatmap tell us about Canadians' engagement with our new Prime Minister?
6. What "story"do these heat maps tell? As a result, what would you recommend to the Marketer working on search engine marketing (SEM)
7. What is the most useful fact(s) you've learned from this chapter that will help you in your career?